An Analysis of the Google Lighthouse Performance Scores of IR100 Websites
Website speed impacts a retailer’s entire digital strategy from visibility to traffic to conversions and revenue – essentials to gaining and retaining an advantage within the highly competitive eCommerce space. With the importance of websites speed in mind, we analyzed the mobile Lighthouse Performance Scores for the top 100 internet retailers in the US based on online revenue (IR100).
- The average Lighthouse Performance Score for the IR100 is a low 26.3.
- Mass Merchant websites belong to the highest performing retail category, averaging a Lighthouse Performance Score of 37.4.
- Health/Beauty websites belong to the lowest performing retail category, averaging a Lighthouse Performance Score of 19.4.
- Tommy Hilfiger, Nordstrom, Costco, REI, Best Buy, etc. all have Lighthouse Scores below 20.
- IR10 websites average a Lighthouse Score nearly 40% above the IR100 average.
- The 10 highest performing websites average a Performance Score 2.5X the IR100 average.
- 6 out of the 10 highest performing eCommerce websites utilize headless architectures. The same is true for the IR10, suggesting a relationship between headless commerce, performance, and revenue.
- Venus Fashion outperforms 95% of the websites on the internet with its sub-second eCommerce website on the Moovweb XDN.